Cupping is an ancient Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practice that involves suctioning or vacuuming sections of the body. The cups are heated by swabbing rubbing alcohol on the bottom and then lighting the cup or by placing an inverted cup over a flame to aid in suctioning.
Glass cups are warmed with a flame creating a vacuum. Placed over a specific area the vacuum anchors the cup to the skin and pulls it upward. Drawing up the skin supports the opening of skin pores what helps to mobilize the blood flow in the body, balances the flow of qi and supports the removal of toxins from the body. It’s also a great way to relax after a particularly stressful time.
It has been reported to be useful with:
– TMJ dysfunction
– Lung inflammation and congestion
– Poorly nourished skin and muscle tissue
– Diabetes, Toxicity, Stagnant lymph & edema
– Neuralgia, Rheumatism
– Chronic pain
– Insomnia, Migraine, Headaches, Parkinson’s Disease
– Poor circulation, high blood blood pressure