How Chinese Medicine support IUI Support?
IUI is often the first recommendation to patients experiencing difficulty with conception in a fertility clinic as is more affordable and less invasive compared to IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation).
It is a method which combines hormone treatment for the woman and a painless insemination procedure where washed sperm is placed directly into the uterus, followed by the natural fertilizations in the womb. Research shows that for women, acupuncture improves blood flow to the ovaries and uterus, which can lead to improving the egg quality and ovulation, as well as nurturing an uterine lining that is more receptive to implantation.
Here are the seven benefits of acupuncture support to IUI:
1. Regulate the hypothalamus-pituitary-ovarian-axis for a balanced system.
2. Enhance the production of healthy follicles and eggs.
3. Stimulate the ovulation.
4. Decrease the side effects of hormone medications. 5. Calm down the stress response.
6. Facilitate healthy endometrium and the internal environment of the uterus.
7. Support implantation by preventing uterine contractions. How often should you do acupuncture for IUI support?
Acupuncture works before, during and after the IUI process. I recommend that treatments begin 3 months prior to the procedure. If this is not possible you should begin treatments as soon as possible. One should consider booking an acupuncture treatment and consumption of herbal formulas once a week before fertilization and schedule an acupuncture treatment one day before and after the procedure for best results.